There are so many reasons why you should consider a good gun cleaning vise. One of the easiest ways to become familiar with your gun is to make use of a gun cleaning vise to perform regular cleaning. A gun cleaning vise will extend the lifespan of your gun and the need to avoid endless maintenance servicing. Cleaning your gun, especially after use will help in preventing all sorts of malfunctions. Incomplete discharge is a common occurrence in guns that are not properly cleaned.
Incomplete discharge occurs when a fired round gets stuck inside because of dirt and debris. Aside from incomplete discharge, your gun’s mechanism may fail to eject when the gun is not cleaned regularly.
10 Best Gun Cleaning Vise Comparisons & Reviews
|#1 Caldwell Lead Sled DFT||36″ x 12″|
|#2 CTK Precision P3 Ultimate Gun Vise||25″ x 18″|
|#3 Tipton Best Gun Vise||33″ x 9″ x 6″|
|#4 Hyskore Cleaning & Sighting Vise||25″ x 12″ x 10″|
|#5 Tipton 782731 Gun Vise||11″ x 17″|
|#6 Shooters Ridge Champion Shooting Vise||15″ x 7.2″ x 7″|
|#7 Plano Shooters Case (X-Large)||22″ x 14.2″ x 11.4″|
|#8 Tipton 110011 Ultra Gun Vise||32.5″ x 10.5″ x 11″|
|#9 Gunslick VISTA OUTDOOR SLS Gun Maintenance Center||36″ x 12″|
|#10 MTM GV-30 Gun Vise Cleaning Maintenance Center||32.5″ x 9″ x 7.5″|
#1 Caldwell Lead Sled DFT
- With its dual frame alignment feature, you can adjust the gun vise by up to 22” to make it fit for all sizes of shotgun and rifles.
- The device has an excellent fingertip control, plus an efficient windage and elevation adjustments that suit every category of user.
- There is a rear elevation collar feature that assists you to make corrections in the elevation setting and to ensure you remain within the right shooting range. Even first-time users will find this feature extremely useful.
- You can make use of the stock-stabilizer rear bag to prevent the stick-shift effect when you take shots.
- It is more expensive than many similar Gun Vises in its class.
- While it is highly efficient for sighting in, the rest of the tool comes with its own limitations.
Caldwell is one of the leading manufacturers of ammunition accessories, especially the ones used in homes. It is of no surprise that this product makes it to the list of the top gun vises around. You will surely find this device very useful and handy right from the first day.
The main features and specifications for this versatile Gun vise are the following; It is relatively lightweight. The body is designed from steel frame material. There is an amazing dual-frame design to disperse the recoil energy.
This Gun vise relies on the baffle and tray system for the device to remain in the optimal shooting position. The gun vise has a multi-surface rear foot that helps in maintaining firm grip or contact on all kinds of surfaces. The efficient baffle and tray system that provides 100% effective weight dispersion during usage, is also an amazing addition to this device.
#2 CTK Precision P3 Ultimate Gun Vise
- There is a locking thumb for added stability on the Gun Vise.
- This gun vise has the ability to adjust to all kinds of firearms, most especially rifles and pistols.
- A vibrant solid frame ensures that it does not tip, wiggle or fall over, especially when you are cleaning your gun or using the device as a shooting rest.
- It holds excellently well to mounted arms.
- You may need to purchase adapters if you want to convert the Gun Vise into a shooting rest- this will cost you extra. You need to ask if the optional rest attachment will be included at point of purchase.
- Slightly more expensive than many Gun vises with similar capabilities and features.
The p3 Ultimate Gun Vise is one of the most popular and one of the most highly-rated gun vises today because of its superb delivery when you need a device for sighting activities and efficient cleaning maintenance of your ammunition. If you don’t mind spending extra for an excellent quality device, this is one option you should consider right away.
CTK Precision P3 Ultimate Gun Vise has an optional rest attachment that converts the device into a shooting rest. You will also be amazed at the most durable heavy-duty steel design material, used in its making. It is coated with E-coat finishing in the interior and exterior. There is also a 3-point leveling option here for different applications. Similarly, you will me surprised that it has both horizontal and vertical (Y) telescoping front for easy adjustments to all firearms. Relatively lightweight and easy to handle.
#3 Tipton Best Gun Vise
- Versatility is one of the most striking features you will appreciate about this device. It can be configured to hold all manners of rifles, bolt actions, handguns and extendable magazine rifles.
- Very durable- it is resistant to chemical solvents; hence it can last for decades under heavy usages.
- There is a central aluminum channel that allows you to move different components to their ideal position for your firearm. This is a great benefit that reduces the time for assembling and positioning.
- Though it is effective in every way the gun vise is quite stiff, hence you need to apply some extra energy when in use.
- This device may be slightly complicated for you as a beginner in the beginning.
- Once your gun is loaded, there is no way you can level the vise. All you can do is allow the weapon to remain snugged and make use of the bubble level to adjust appropriately.
Tipton, being one of the most trusted gun accessory manufacturers will never disappoint when it comes to top quality products. You will find this product highly resistant to strong mechanical impacts. Make sure you read the manual before operating it.
The most striking features of this gun vise is the T-track for vertical adjustments that work with three different support levels for positioning of your arms. There is also a customized patched storage alongside 2 adjustable clamping options located at the rear base to create a tight grip for your stocks.
Top Gun Vise FAQs
#1 Why Use a Gun Cleaning Vise?
There are several reasons why you should consider the gun cleaning vise. Most of these reasons are for your own safety and the protection of the lifespan of your ammunitions:
- It secures your rifles, shotguns or other ammunition for easy cleaning.
- It offers a great assistance, such as improved stability during the sighting, and shooting.
- It provides sufficient storage to hold your solvents and other tools needed during cleaning and sighting activities.
- Provides a temporary or permanent storage housing for your ammunition.
#2 What to Look for When Buying the Best Gun Vise?
You should not jump into buying a gun vise without checking out the factors highlighted here. This small guide can help you avoid wasting your money on inferior product.
- The general structure and design- the metallic designs are generally strong while the durable plastic body is lighter, yet it can withstand mechanical impact.
- The storage space- Generally, the more storage spaces available, the more organized you can be when arranging your tools.
- Stability and elevation – The best gun vise must come with a system that increases stability and elevation of the ammunition, during usage.
- Compactness and storage – an ideal gun vise should be stored easily, especially in the face of a limited space.
#3 What are Gun Vises Made of?
There can be variations in the structure and design materials used in making gun vises. While some are made with excellent quality plastics, some are made with steel metals and some combines both materials.
- High quality plastics or reinforced steel metal. The plastic material is usually the sturdy polypropylene material
- The maintenance cleaning tray for tools and solvent.
- Pads and Rubberized compartments to prevent scratches and dents on the gun.
- An excellent E-coat finishing that is resistant to chemical and adverse weather conditions.
#4 How Do I Use a Gun Vise to Zero My Rifle?
To use your gun vise to zero your rifle, you need to make use of the gun rest feature on the gun vise. This feature allows you to make a very small contact with the rifle when you aim, hence it reduces human error to zero. Though you may still hit your target after two to four shots, the possibilities of errors are greatly reduced.
#5 Does Every Gun Vise Fits AR15 Rifles?
No, many gun vises do not fit AR15 rifles. The reason for this is that AR15s do come with larger frames that are not compatible with the inbuilt designs of most gun vises. It is important to ask about this when purchasing a gun vise, whether offline or online, to save yourself the trouble of not being able to use your AR15 with the gun vise.