7 Best Powder Tricklers for Reloading in 2019
If you are a person who fancies himself quite the gun enthusiast, then you are probably someone who enjoys making your own ammunition. Making your own ammunition not only ensures that you are getting a more accurate cartridge, but you will actually save yourself a lot of money in the long run.
Of course, making your own ammunition can be a bit tricky, and this is why it makes sense to get yourself the best powder trickler. This little device is a wonder, helping you to get much more precise reloads by accurately measuring out exactly how much powder you need to recharge the prime to case. This will save you a lot of money over time, as you will have far less waste while getting rounds that are much more accurate and efficient.
7 Best Powder Tricklers on the Market
At this point I wanted to provide you with what I believe are seven of the best powder tricklers on the market today. I have tested out each one of these products myself, as well as others that did not make it onto this list, and have read reviews for each one of them. This is enabled me to make a more comprehensive and detailed list.
#1 Frankford Arsenal Powder Trickler with Large Powder Capacity and Convenient Height for Reloading
- Very durable product that is extremely stable
- Provides precise measurements each and every time
- Provides a large capacity to be able to hold a large amount of powder
- Prevents powder from getting damp or moist
- Non-skid base provides greater stability
- I really found no complaints with this product
This product is constructed with a heavy duty steel, giving it the greatest amount of stability so you don’t have to worry about it tipping over while using the product. There is a synthetic dust cover that is included, which you can use to hook under the base to prevent it from skidding. This is quite possibly the most stable trickler I could find, and it worked exceptionally well.
Because of its heavy-duty construction can be sure that is going to last. This is one of the primary concerns that any gun enthusiast has, as they want to make sure that they are able to buy equipment that has great durability to it. This is one that you will absolutely love because of how durable it is.
This trickler is designed to work with all types of powders and is able to handle a large capacity, ensuring that you can get an entire load done in one sitting. The height of this product ensures that it can handle any type of powder scale, even digital or electric ones.
I also love the fact that the synthetic dust cover ensure that powder did not get damp or moist, causing it to clump. This protected the powder, which was a nice feature.
#2 Hornady 0505010 Lock-N-Load Quick Trickle
- Allows for both small precise and large volume measurements
- Gives you a great deal of control of the product
- Built to ensure that grains do not get stuck during operation
- Makes the reloading process whole lot easier
- While it is easy to pull apart, it is a chore to try to clean
- Can be a challenge to get the 0.05 great accuracy setting to be as precise as you would like
This powder trickler provides a hand operated feature, which allows you to operate it at either high or low speeds using a 3 to 1 gear ratio. It is double-sided, and comes with ball bearings that ensure that powder does not impede the operation in any way. You were going to find that this is one of the smoothest products you can possibly use on your reloading bench or anywhere you are working on reloading cartridges.
You will love that this trickler gives you the opportunity to be able to throw your grains at a much more rapid pace. The product comes apart easily, allowing you to store clean more easily. It is a durable product that is nice and heavy, which ensures that you’re getting a solid, durable product. I like that I had no concern about its longevity.
If you are looking for an accurate and easy to use product, I cannot possibly stress this one enough. It truly is a fantastic little product that will give you years of use.
#3 LEE PRECISION 90058 Perfect Powder Measurer (Red)
Starting with the design, this product is built so that you can easily screw it into a workbench so that it not only provides great stability, but takes up a small amount of space. I truly appreciated the fact that the design was specifically made so that it would not take up a large amount of space where ever I decided to position it.
Because of this option, you can be sure that you are going to get a stable trickler. This ensures you get great accuracy each and every time, because you are not going to have to worry about it slipping or shifting in any way.
Plus, I loved that I had a great amount of control in handling how the grains were released. I could be as accurate as up to two grains at a time all the way up to 100 grains, and the hopper is built as a large capacity chamber. This enables you to be able to create very small cartridges or to be able to work with larger sized rounds.
The design also ensures that you can easily use this with any kind of scale. It is a snap, plus you will love that it is easy to take apart clean. There really is very little that you will not like about this choice.
Power Trickler Buyer’s Guide : How to Make the Right Choice?
Before deciding upon the trickler that you think is best for you, there are a few things that you should consider when making your purchase. Here are a few I thought you should know more about.
- Stability. You were going to find some fantastically built tricklers that provide you with the perfect amount of stability. You don’t want your product to tip nor do you want it to be able to easily slide during use. Finding something that is stable will make sure that you’re getting the most out of your product.
- Accuracy. This is obviously a big one. You want a trickler that is going to be able to handle the most accurate of measurements, at least down to two grains. This ensures that you get an accurate charging as well as ensuring that you don’t have waste.
- Capacity. If you are a person who plans on doing a lot of cartridges at one time, then the capacity is important. The higher volume of powder that it can hold, the less extra work you will have to do during a period where you are performing a lot of reloading of cartridges.
- Durability. The material that the product uses is important as well. You want something that is going to last, so getting something that is made of a more durable cheerio will ensure that your product will be around for many years to come.
- Ease of Cleaning. This is one I want you to pay special attention to. The truth is that all of the ones in this list are outstanding products, but one thing to be concerned about is the ability to clean it, especially if you are going to be using different kinds of powders at times. If it is difficult to clean, you may find the product an unworthy choice.