12 Best Shooting Stick Reviews 2019
No matter how good of a shot you are, the use of a shooting stick can greatly enhance your accuracy and performance. The reality is that weather conditions, age, and fatigue can have a dramatic impact on your ability to get often accurate shot, even if you are talking about the use of a camera.
This is where a shooting stick can be the perfect option for you. These products enable you to improve your stability and accuracy, taking the pressure off you so that you get the shot you need with greater performance. This is why may be the perfect option for you, and this review should help you to find the right option for yourself.
Types of Shooting Stick Available
There are three primary types of shooting sticks: tripod, bipod, and monopod. Each one of these gets their name based upon the number of poles that are used to stabilize the product. Based upon the name, it is likely that you have already determined that bipods have two legs to them, monopods Have a single pole, while tripods have three.
Depending upon the level of stability that you need and the kind of terrain you envision yourself using your shooting stick upon helps you determine which one of these three products you might find to be the best option for you.
Another term you will hear related to shooting sticks is field pods. These products are much larger, but provide you with a great deal more accuracy and are perfect for those who are intending to do longer distances shooting. Because of the design, they are able to keep your weapon secure within the rest, helping you to have a much more accurate shot.
12 Best Rated Shooting Sticks
|Best Monopod Shooting Sticks|
|#1 Primos 65802 Tall Monopod Trigger Stick|
|#2 Vanguard Scout M62 Gun Pod|
|#3 Vanguard VEO 2 AM-234TU Shooting Stick|
|Best Bipod Shooting Sticks|
|#4 AccuShot BT10 Atlas Bipod Standard|
|#5 Bogs-Pod CLD Camo Shooting Rest|
|#6 Magpul Rifle Bipod|
|Best Tripod Shooting Sticks|
|#7 Caldwell Deadshot FieldPod Max Adjustable Ambidextrous Rifle Shooting Rest|
|#8 BOG-POD TAC-3 Shooting Tactical Tall Tripod|
|#9 Primos 65807 Gen 2 Jim Shockey Edition Deluxe Trigger Stick|
|Best Crossbow Shooting Sticks|
|#10 TenPoint Crossbows SteddyEddy Crossbow Monopod|
|#11 Primos 65818 Gen3 Crossbow Tall Tripod Shooting Stick|
|#12 Carbon Express Adjustable Crossbow Shooting Stick|
#1 Primos 65802 Tall Monopod Trigger Stick
- Easy to set up and use
- Light weight and small enough to carry with you anywhere you go
- Provides quick 360° rotation, and enables you to be able to adjust height on the fly
- Built with a sturdy aluminum to give you a durable shooting stick
- Many report that the item showed up broken
- After using it for some time you will find that the handle will create a clicking sound that reduces your ability to remain silent
The stand itself weighs just 1.5 pounds, making it easy for you to carry with you anywhere you go, and you are able to reduce it in size to 33 inches, the perfect size to fit inside any backpack or to strap to a backpack. It will extend up to 65 inches, making it ideal for a shooter of almost any height.
Included with the shooting stick is a V-shaped yoke that enables you to have quick direction changes up to 360° in rotation. Plus, it is built to handle almost any style of firearm, holding it snugly in place. It is even built to handle a camera and many types of crossbows.
This product is made of a durable aluminum that will keep is strong and make it last for years. It’s design is perfect and that it makes it easy for you to carry with you wherever you go.
One thing you will clearly love is the fact that it comes with a rapid trigger adjustment system, making it easy for you to make quick adjustments while out in the field. This is a fantastic choice that enables you to be able to adjust the height and rotate your firearm quickly to get the perfect shot. You will love how easy it is to carry and use, making it the perfect option.
#2 Vanguard VEO 2 AM-234TU Shooting Stick
- Comes with a tri-stand base, creating stability while giving you the capability of shooting from different angles
- Lightweight and reduces in size to make it portable
- Can also function as a walking cane
- Built with a durable aluminum
- Gives you versatility and flexibility to use the product as needed while still maintaining stability
- The additional weight is noticeable
- Comes in only one color, meaning you will either have to spray-paint it or applied camo tape
When closed, the shooting stick is 24.5 inches in length, making it ideal to fit in almost any bag or backpack. However, you are able to extend it to as much as 64 inches, accommodating almost any person. It weighs just 2 pounds, making it lightweight enough to take with you anywhere you need to go.
The tri-base is not just about stability. This gives you a great deal of action because of the pivoting ball joint that is included. This allows you to tilt your rifle, scope, or lands to get the perfect angle you desire for you shot. Plus, a U-shaped yoke is included in the head that securely holds your device in place. It doesn’t matter whether you were talking about a camera or a firearm, you will feel you are getting a great deal of stability with this product.
Amazingly enough, you are able to remove the cap so that you can take off the head and actually use this as a walking stick. This can give you some additional stability while you are out walking or hiking.
What a fantastically designed product this is. It is really built to give you all of the advantages of a monopod, while adding some additional functionality to accommodate almost any user. You will truly find this to be an outstanding product.
#3 AccuShot BT10 Atlas Bipod Standard
- Five separate settings for the legs allow you to adjust as needed
- Designed for any type of user
- Lightweight and made to be portable
- The bipod legs can be used with other products from the manufacturer
- Built to provide you with the perfect amount of stability
- The military gives it the highest grade
- Can be difficult to lock in place
- Really built only for those who are lying down or you will need a shooting table or other position if you wish to sit or stand
It starts with the fact that this bipod has been used in combat and that soldiers and Marines found it to be a perfectly designed product. However, it is also been tested by hunters and marksmen, everyday people who have still found that it is easy to use and provides them with the kind of stability and accuracy they desire.
This bipod is constructed with a high-grade aluminum, making it a durable product. The weight is only 11 ounces, making it easy to carry, and it foods closed to easily slide inside your bag or backpack. Two screws help clamp the assembly together, allowing you to take this apart so that it is even more portable.
The height ranges from 4.75 inches up to 9 inches, making it ideal for a person who is laying down or has a stand to position it on. There are five leg positions that are available, giving you greater stability and flexibility. Each leg comes with a rubber foot that will help hold the bipod in place. You are even able to change the feet from a ski to a cleat style if needed.
You have to like a product where the military even find it to be the perfect option for them. The fantastic design and ease-of-use make this an ideal option for any person looking for the perfect bipod.
Buyer’s Guide: Choosing the Right Shooting Stick
The type of shooting stick is not the only thing to consider when making your purchase. There are several other factors that you may want to consider, which include:
- Build. If you are a person who is going to spend a lot of time using your shooting rest, then you want something that is durable. Products that are made with aluminium are lightweight and provided durable metal for you. However, they are not as light as those made from cotton fiber. You may find that carbon is a better choice if you are a person who is going to be hauling your shooting stick through rugged terrain.
- Legs and Tips. We have already seen that there are three different options in terms of the number of legs that are provided for the stand. This helps to provide greater stability, but the tips are also important. If you are intending to set up in an area where it can be slippery or the terrain can be unstable, you likely want tips that will hold tighter to the ground. Plus, you may be looking for legs that provide different adjustable settings for each pole.
- Carriage. Most of the shooting sticks that you will find give you the ability to rotate 360°. This allows you to quickly turn and fire if necessary. Not all do, however. If this is a necessity for you then you will need a product that accommodates your needs.
- Weight. We talked about the weight a bit in terms of build, but you also have to consider that even if a product is lightweight, it can still be bulky. This may make it difficult for you to be able to navigate through brush or other terrain, so weight and design become even more important.
How to Use a Shooting Stick the Right Way?
While a shooting stick can be a great advantage in providing you stability, knowing how to properly use it is important. Here are five tips that will help you to use your shooting stick the right way.
- Make sure that you find good ground to position your shooting stick before you decide to adjust your rifle properly. It is important that you take the time and be patient to set yourself up so you will get the kind of shot you desire.
- Make sure you choose a place that allows you to be stable as well. Regardless of whether you are standing, sitting, or laying down, having yourself stabilized will help you to stabilize the shooting stick as well.
- Make sure that you make the proper adjustments before deciding to take your shot. That extra few seconds to get your shooting stick at the right angle, height, and tilt is essential.
- Not to be a dead horse, but getting the right height is important. Make sure that the terrain accommodates the height that you need.
- Before you purchase any shooting stick, make sure that you are buying a product that fits your needs. In other words, do some research.