Sometimes a regular home safe might be inappropriate and uncomfortable in case you are looking for something else. For homes and offices we like the wall safes; because they are lightweight while still effective and they are easy to conceal & access. Our best wall safe reviews will be the perfect solution to choose your ultimate wall safe which can make your life comfortable and stress-free.
Owning a firearm is a huge privilege, but it also comes with its very own set of responsibilities. You as the gun owner are responsible for keeping the firearm away from places that it can cause harm to anyone and you will need to ensure that it is protected from theft as well. A perfect wall mounting safe can ensure all your needs. Keep your firearms and valuables protected no matter where you go.
But, a firearm should not be your only motivation to invest in a wall safe. If you are highly dependable on valuable documents, a suitable wall mounted safe will surely protect your documents and keep them out of the wrong hands. The best wall mount safes can also be used for safeguarding cash, ornaments and other valuables. This is something encouraged by most restaurant experts as well.
Have Some Time? Here’s What You Need to Know…
Wall Safe Buyer Guide : How to Make the Right Choice
While you may see the great benefits of owning a wall safe, you may not know exactly what to look for. Most people would just think of one that fit into a location in their home, but there are a number of factors you want to consider when choosing a wall safe. Here are some factors you should consider.
- Accessibility. The reason for considering a desirable wall safe should be determined. The safe should be close to you and easy to mount but still ensure a secure and sturdy safety concept. I like to recommend a safe that is easy to access and will take you as little time as possible to open.
- Concealment. How well the safe could be concealed is also important. This is especially true if you have children who will feel compelled to try to get in the safe if they know that it is there. There are countless stories of children getting injured by the contents of safe, so removing any temptation can be a big bonus to you. Plus, it deters people who may try to burglarize your house from finding your safe as well.
- Quality. Like any product, not every wall safe is the same. There are some that are made with far superior quality, including be waterproof, and so your choice should be dependent upon the quality that you need. For example, if you live in an area where you face the threat of flooding, having a waterproof safe is essential.
- Lock Type. Not every lock type on a wall safe is the same either. Many employ the traditional combination lock, where you turn a dial to the proper numbers to get it to unlock, however, there are many other options available today, especially in this digital age. Some offer fingerprint scans or digital codes for you to enter. You can even lock or unlock your save using a phone app. There are a number of great options out there for you.
- Size. This is incredibly important depending upon the type of contents you wish to use the safe for. For example, if this is going to be your gun safe that having one that easily and securely stores your weapons is essential. Get something that works within your needs.
- Price. Price is obviously a factor with any product you would purchase, and you should be aware that there is a price range that should work within your budget yet still provide you with quality safe. You can find a good wall safe anywhere from $50 to several thousand dollars. So, don’t get caught in believing you can find the right say for yourself.
- Location in Your Home. Where you intend to put the safe in your home is important as well. It makes no sense to buy a safe that does not fit in the location you want or to put a safe in a location that is difficult for you to reach. Make sure you choose something that accommodates the space available and your ability to reach the safe safely.
- Additional Features. Finally, I have to mention about additional features. Many wall mounted safes will be great for resisting fires and even water. In the culinary industry, you will need to keep these features in mind as when something catches a fire, you will be sure that your valuable documents and even your cash are still protected.
Not all safes are created equal and it could save you a lot of money when buying a new wall mounting safe. When you understand the significance of these features, you will be more likely to buy the best wall mount safe for your needs. These are directly aimed at business owners and empowering you to make the right choice for the protection of your firearms and valuables.
Top Rated Wall Safes on the Market Right Now!
|#1 V-Line Closet Vault II Gun Safe & in-Wall Cabinet||Best in-Wall Long Gun Safe|
|#2 V-Line Quick Vault Locking Storage||Best In-Wall Handgun Safe|
|#3 Protex Fire Resistant Wall Safe (WES2113-DF)||Best Fireproof Wall Safe|
|#4 Gardall WS1314-T-EK 4″ Concealed Wall Safe||Best Hidden Wall Safe|
|#5 Homak Between the Studs Wall Safe WS00018002||Best Between the Studs Wall Safe|
|#6 SONGMICS Jewelry Cabinet UJJC93W||Best Wall Safe for Jewelry|
|#7 Viking VS-52BLX Biometric Hidden Wall Safe||Best Biometric Wall Safe|
|#8 Mesa Safe Adjustable Wall Safe, 0.3-0.7 CF||Best Wall Safe for High Security|
|#9 Protex FW-1814Z Wall Safe||Easiest to Install Wall Safe|
|#12 Paragon 7750 Electronic Wall Safe||Best Value Wall Safe|
|#11 Stack-On PWS-15522 Electronic Wall Safe||Best Wall Safe for Home|
|#12 Barska AX12038 Biometric Wall Safe||Most Popular Wall Safe|
#1 V-Line Closet Vault II Gun Safe & Wall Cabinet – Best in-Wall Long Gun Safe
- Weight: 60 lbs
- Dimensions: 53″ x 18″ x 5.8″
- Lock type: Mechanical lock
- Easy to install and built for maximum concealment
- A great design that enables you to be able to store virtually any size rifle and their accessories
- Gives you the functionality to be able to add keyed locks if you so desire, but comes with a fantastic mechanical locking system
- Made with high-grade materials
- While the materials are solid, a determined thief could gain access into the safe
- Does not provide fireproof protection
The safe is design so that it is easily installed into a wall or other designated location. You will find that it can easily be installed so that is flush with the wall, making concealment a snap. You also like the fact that you can install the unit either and horizontally or vertically to fit your needs. The case is built with prepunched holes making mounting easy.
The case is large enough to be able to accommodate almost any rifle that you may own, including its accessories. The locking system uses a five button mechanical process, allowing you to be able to set the code easily and securely. The best part is that this does not require batteries for you to be able to operate the system, so there is no worry about your difficulty in gaining access.
What is great about this is that there is no key that is included or needed to be used. This ensures that a person cannot gain access to your safe by inadvertently finding the key at some point. By setting the proper five digit code you want to use, you can securely fasten your safe in place ensuring that no one will be gaining unauthorized access. Plus, the lock is a high-grade option, meaning you can have confidence when this safe is secured.
The frame is built with high-grade steel that not only gives it a secure look and feel, but also gives it an outstanding aesthetic look as well. V-Line Closet Vault is a great option for those who are looking to safely store their firearms without concern of an unwanted guest gaining easy access. Hinges are built internally to greatly reduce the ability of someone to pry their way into your safe.
#2 V-Line Quick Vault Locking Storage – Best in-Wall Handgun Safe
- Weight: 25 lbs
- Dimensions: 4″ x 12″ x 14″
- Lock type: Mechanical lock
- Perfect for storage of hand guns and ammunition
- to be easy to conceal and use
- A lot of room inside the safe to store a number of different objects
- Well-designed and solid
- The safety features are fantastic
- While it is designed to be pry resistant it is not perfectly so. It takes work, but it can be opened
- Setting the code can be a little challenging and frustrating at first
There is one adjustable shelf included, allowing you to quickly and easily organize your items as you desire. Plus the shelf is removable should you desire to not use it at all. You will love the design of the safe, as it is made so that the door is indented so that the safe is flush with the wall. This ensures that you can easily disguise it behind a painting or other hanging object without it being noticeable.
The safe locks with a mechanical locking system that includes an additional backup key. The push button system allows you to create a unique code that you enter to gain access into the safe. However, should you have a situation where you have forgotten the code or where you need to allow someone else to gain access, there is a backup key that comes along with the safe.
The safe is designed to be pry resistant. This gives you the added peace of mind to know that someone will not be able to dislodge the door or pull the safe apart using a crowbar or other similar object. In fact, the hinges have been turned to the inside which makes it nearly impossible for anyone to be able to hear the door off.
This is a fantastically design safe that comes at a reduced cost in comparison to many other types of models. There is some challenge in having success in setting the code at first, but you will find that this is a great model for those who are looking for a safe place to store their handguns.
#3 Protex Fire Resistant Wall Safe (WES2113-DF) – Best Fireproof Wall Safe
- Weight: 56 lbs
- Dimensions: 13-5/8″ x 20-3/4″ x 8″
- Lock type: Electronic lock
- Built to retard fire and heat for up to 30 minutes
- Waterproof and durable
- Pride resistant hinges provide better security
- Designed to make it easy to disguise in a wall
- Comes with keypad lock and backup keys
- Difficult to mount on your own
- A lot more expensive than other models
Just as a quick reference, most home and business fires are extinguished within the first 15 minutes of arrival by the fire department. This ensures that you have plenty of time to keep your items safe because this wall safe unit will act as a retardant that will protect the items inside your safe in the overwhelming vast majority of situations.
Two particular items, and improved fire resistant interior liner has been added. This liner not only helps to reduce heat penetrating inside the safe, but is also waterproof, keeping water out, even the extreme pressure that occurs from fire hoses. This makes it ideal for you to be able to store weapons or media devices without having to worry about them getting damaged.
The safe comes with an electronic lock that enables you to be able to create a unique code to gain access into the safe. However, for those times that you may have forgotten the code, there are two backup keys that are provided that enable you to be able to get in if you have some emergency or have forgotten.
The outer coating of the safe is made of a strong and durable metal. It comes with a 3/16 inch solid steel door that is indented into the safe unit to ensure that you can place this into the wall, putting a picture over it without it being noticeable. There are two adjustable shelves inside, allowing you to separate items easily if you desire.
You will also like the fact that this safe is built with pry resistant hinges. This makes it so that a person would have virtually no success it trying to open the safe and less they had the code or the key. Because of its design most would not even know that you had a safe, and less you told them, so this is the perfect option for a person who once a fire retardant safe that protects their valuables.
Top Wall Safe FAQs
There are common questions that many have in purchasing a wall safe, and here are some that should help you to answer concerns you have.
#1 Are Wall Mounting Safes Impact Resistant?
Even though this is not something that we touched on a lot during the reviews, most wall mounting safes are impact resistant. The reason why the design is great for impact is all about the wider edges. So even though the edges may bend and even break, the box that we store our valuables in will resist the impact. Depending on the material on the inside, you will be able to determine of the items on the inside are capable of resisting a fall.
#2 Is a wall safe better than a floor safe?
It is really dependent upon where you want to place the safe. There are advantages to both, but what makes a wall safe better than a floor safe is that there are a significantly larger number of areas where you are able to install the safe. You really only can install a floor safe in the lowest level of your home, while a wall safe can be in a number of locations.
#3 Can Wall Safes Be Mounted In The Floor?
This is one of the common misconceptions people have about the wall mounted safe. Even though it might perfectly fit on the floor, the added mounting hardware has not been designed to withstand some of the equipment that can be used to pull the safe out of the ground. By modifying the safe, you will be able to make it strong enough for the ground, but this may be an expensive project and I would rather recommend looking at a designed floor safe to ensure security.
#4 Why are Wall Mounting Safes Cheaper Than Ordinary Safes?
The wall mounting safes are quite smaller and the manufacturers will only need to ensure that the safe is protected from the front and that someone cannot break it out of the wall. This will save the manufacturers a few dollars and in return, you will also save a few bucks with these affordable safes.
#5 Where can I buy a wall safe?
You can buy a safe and a number of locations, but more people are turning to the Internet as your choice. If you find a good product on Amazon or similar location, most of these you can install on your own, making it logical to buy there.
#6 What kind of wall should I choose to mount a wall safe?
There are two things that you need to consider. The first is that you have the proper room to install the safe and the second is that the location allows you to securely fasten the safe in place.
#7 Where should I mount a wall safe to make it hidden?
This is a great question. The best answer that can be given is to choose a place where there is the least amount of traffic in that area. The fewer people that have access to be able to see your safe makes it less likely that anyone will know it’s there.
Some people like to get clever and install their safe in the living room behind a painting. They think if no one will see it then they have hidden it well. That may be true, but you are also opening the opportunity for more people to discover that you have it safe. Choose a spot where less people can stumble upon it.
#8 What tools do I need to install a wall safe?
The primary tools you will need to install a safe is a hammer, screwdriver, wrench, and drill. You may find that some brands provide you with all the tools you will need to install your safe, but the instructions on how to install the safe will inform you what you need.
#9 What items should I keep in a wall safe?
Anything you think is valuable is what you should keep in your safe. This can be anything from handguns, jewelry, money, passports, birth certificates, or other valuable items. Many people store their insurance information. It is really up to you what you feel is necessary to protect.
#10 Where should I put the keys of my wall safe?
This is a great question. If you are using a safe that is accessed through lock and key, then you want to place the key in a location where you know where it’s at and that is easily accessible. Some leave it in a drawer, others on a keychain.
If you are using a safe that has a different primary locking system, like a keypad, but a key is included as a safety guard, then that key should be stored in a location where only you and one other person will know where it’s at. This can be in a lockbox, at a relative’s home, or in your desperate workplace that only you would have access to.
#11 What is the Best Wall Safe?
The truth is that it really depends upon what you are looking for. The best wall safe is one that allows you to be able to securely store your items, provide the protections you are looking for and makes it easy for you to access them when you need to get into your safe.
If you are a person with large rifles, you need a different kind of safe than someone who has handguns or jewelry they need to store. Whether you need something that’s fire retardant or provides a certain kind of locking system. All of these are kinds of things to consider when making your choice.
Comparing all the mentioned wall safes it has been difficult to choose the clear winner, but the Protex Wall Safe (WES2113-DF) is packed with almost all of the qualities needed in an ideal wall mounted safe, I have settled on this model. It is a quite affordable safe and I recommend this without a doubt to anyone looking to buy a perfect wall mounting safe for home or office use. It is easy to mount and to conceal and with the removable shelves, you will be able to store bigger items inside easily.