Founded in 1930, by John Brush and his brother-in-law, William Punnet, Sentry Safes is a safe manufacturing company based in New York State. Sentry are famous for being the first company to produce fire-proofed safes in 1955 and continue to innovate with their latest range of fire, flood and theft proof data-storage units. In our review, we like to show you the most amazing points of a Sentry gun safe and the list of best Sentrysafe gun safes.
Considered to be one of the top fire resistant safe manufacturers in the world, the SentrySafe Company has been around for many years and they have made a habit out of learning from previous failures and providing you with the top safes on the market.
SentrySafe does not only make the most reliable fire-safes, but they also focus on quality extra features without lifting their prices too high. Most of their safes are electronically operated and this might seem like a problem to some, but with the fire resistant plastic coatings, all of their safes are really reliable.
What Makes SentrySafe Different From Others?
I have looked at a few safes from the company and also talked to multiple people currently owning these safes to get their opinions on the brand and I decided to show you why SentrySafe is one of the most reliable and affordable safe manufacturers on the market. So let’s find out what makes SentrySafe different than anything that you have ever owned.
- Durable 12-18 Gauge Steel Construction. Depending on the size of your safe, you will have some of the most durable steel to help protect your valuables. The steel used in these safes go through a rigorous process and they get exposed to the elements of nature to help find weaknesses. Once the weaknesses have been found, the company will focus on limiting these weak spots and giving you a better quality safe. SentrySafe also ensures that it will not be possible to drill through their steel with a common house drill and this should give you peace of mind when making your choice.
- Fire & Water Resistance. The exterior on all of their safes are highly rated when it comes to fire rating and therefore, they specialize in making fire resistant safes. The temperature resistance for most of the safes is between 1550 degrees Fahrenheit and 1700 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 1 hour. This will be great for ensuring that the safe cannot be damaged in the process of a fire and with the warranties, the company will gladly replace the safes, should it ever get damaged through fire.
- Larger Than Normal Steel Deadbolts. Trying to break open a SentrySafe door can be quite a daunting task and without the right equipment, it will be virtually impossible to do. Most of the locks used on these safes are durable and thick and once they are exposed to heat, they will begin to expand, thus adding more security to the safe and making it harder to break open. Many of their safes also feature large live action bolts that will make the locking process much faster and provide you with the same amount of security.
- Impact Resistance. With the already durable interior, SentrySafe also features a metal plated exterior on most of their safes. This also adds another layer of security to the safe and makes the safe much more resistant to impact. I do not recommend storing glass in the safe, but any breakable valuables should work perfectly in these safes and most of the portable versions have been tested to be impact resistant at heights of up to 10 feet.
- Affordability. With huge warranties offered by the company, they have also decided to keep the prices affordable for most of their electronically enhanced safes. This will give you the added advantage of advanced technology to help keep your safe secure and also give you faster access in times of need. The portable safes all beat out competitors in terms of price and features and I believe that this safe brand will give you value for your hard-earned cash.
10 Best Sentrysafe Gun Safes on the Market!
|Sentrysafe Gun Safe||Pros||Cons|
|#1 SentrySafe 500 FIRE-SAFE Box|
|#2 SentrySafe CHW20221 Medium Chest Safe|
|#3 SentrySafe FHW40220 Large File Safe|
|#4 SentrySafe SFW123CS 1.2 Combination Fire Resistant Big Bolt Safe|
|#5 SentrySafe SFW123FUL 1.2-Cubic Feet Electronic Fire-Resistant Big Bolt Safe|
|#6 SentrySafe SFW123GDC 1.23 Cubic Feet Electronic Fire-Safe|
|#7 SentrySafe SFW205CWB Fire & Water Safe, XX-Large|
|#8 SentrySafe X105 Security Safe with Digital Keypad||abc|
When considering purchasing a Sentry safe it is advisable to research the product thoroughly. Check online for customer reviews; don’t just rely on the testimonials provided by Sentry. Ensure that you thoroughly check the warranty; certain models may be guaranteed against theft but not fire or water damage.