Firearms are extremely important and they can do extreme damage when left in the wrong hands. Most of us already know how important gun safes are in case of emergency, but people still tend to ignore this important factor and they keep their guns hidden inside the house.
Of course, if you are going to have a firearm it is essential that you take the appropriate measures to ensure that you are safeguarding it. This is why it is essential that you get yourself the best nightstand gun safe to protect your firearms.
Nightstand gun safes are designed to not only give you some extra security but also help you to being able to grab them at a moment’s notice. They offer another dimension of security to your guns and will offer you the added benefit of never having to fear a burglar.
10 Best Nightstand Gun Safes on the Market!
#1 Vaultek VT10i Biometric Smart Handgun Pistol Safe
The interior design is intended to allow easy and quick access. This will in turn also enable you to add more items into the safe with your firearm and make this the perfect safe to keep in your car, drawer and even in the office.
The lightweight structure is perfect for putting the safe in your car and your drawer at home, but if you want to secure the safe, you can easily mount the safe to any will or object using the high-quality cable to tighten your safe.
This safe is designed to be used in any location and can even be used in a car to protect you and your firearm. The steel frame has been tested through rigorous condition and the steel has been forged at extremely high temperatures to ensure that no one can pry open your safe.
The high-quality steel will also keep out any erosion and your safe will keep everything dry in the event that water may spill on it. Furthermore, the safe has been designed to fit into the glove compartment of most cars and this will be perfect for hiding or disguising your safe from prying eyes.
The biometric finger scanner has been made to make sure that your finger can be scanned from any direction and the software will adjust to your finger, making it easier to use with every attempt.
The safe can house up to 20 fingerprints and the first three are considered to be the admin fingerprints. These administrators will have the power to remove any fingerprints that are no longer in use and may not need any further access. The safe will also arrive with two backup keys to easily override the fingerprint scanner in case it may malfunction.
The software and onboard computer is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that will last up to 3 months and will save you the cost of batteries that could break or not be of high-quality.
On the downside, you may loss control over the fingerprint scanner when the battery goes down and the safe will require you to use the override keys. This will sometimes leave you in doubt once the battery starts to deplete and it may be a good idea to keep the keys close by at every opportunity.
Overall this safe is perfect for multi-functional use and you will have the ability to move the safe from car to drawer easily. We recommend that you secure the safe with the high-quality and extremely durable cable that is provided to ensure greater security and less chance of theft. This will certainly be a great buy for any handgun enthusiast and someone that does not yet own a safe.
#2 V-Line Top Draw Security Case
No hinges are present on the outside, thus allowing you to safely mount the item without the fear that someone might try in pry open the safe. This will leave you with a small safe that has virtually no weaknesses.
The safe has been designed from solid steel with an added metal coating that will help protect the safe from impact and any external damage like rust. Smaller safes like this safe have been specifically designed to withstand impact and to ensure that you have some of the best quality need in your safe.
With this design, it will make prying even more difficult and once the safe has been mounted, the safe will become denser and center all of its mass to make it virtually impossible to move and giving you added peace of mind.
Aside from the mounting feature that will greatly benefit you, you will also be able to use the combination mechanical locking feature, no more worrying about batteries that may die or even technology that may fail you, you will be able to manage this safe with a simple combination.
The safe has 1081 different locking combinations. This is ideal for people with children and will ensure that children cannot for open the safe or accidentally stumble across the key. Once it is mounted, children will not even be able to move the safe, thus adding to the security.
The safe is quite affordable and you will receive all of the necessary tools required to mount the safe upon receipt of the item. The safe can be mounted anywhere in the house and you will only need some basic mechanical tools to do this.
The safe has also been approved by the California Department of Justice, thus giving it more credibility and ensuring you that when you buy the safe, that you have made an investment. The safe will definitely pay itself over the multiple years of use that you will get from it and the multi-functionality.
We highly recommend this safe for travelers and homeowners alike. The reason we like to encourage travelers to buy the safe is that it is small and compact and can easily be moved from place to place and mounted in some of the impossible places.
The safe does not require any batteries and this may be a great relief for anyone not looking to spend more money on the safe in the future.
Key Features to Consider
To get the most value from a gun safe, you have to weight up a few of the key features. These features need to make the amount of money that you are spending worthwhile. I have picked a few features that will make a huge difference and provide you with a lot of value.
- Steel Quality. The quality of steel that a safe is constructed with will play a huge part in the type of protection that it offers. I recommend anything between 12 and 18 gauge steel safes as they have proven to be resistant against most equipment that is commonly used by intruders.
- Lock type. If you are paying a lot of money for your safe, you would expect that the safe has a strong, but still easy to open locking mechanism. You will have the opportunity of choosing between the biometric, mechanical and electronic locking features. The biometric locking feature is much more expensive, but it does offer a lot of quality.
- Size. Bigger gun safes are generally more expensive and will also cost you more maintenance in the long run. A smaller gun safe will do just fine if you only plan on protecting a small firearm and a few valuable items. Hunters will be looking for the more expensive and bigger safes.
- Pry-Resistant Features. It would be extremely good for you if you can do some research on the type of equipment that is used by intruders when they try and break open safes. Once you have some knowledge about the topic, you will be able to make a better choice on your gun safe and even have some added security features installed. I recommend that you make sure that the hinges are on the inside of the safe when purchasing as this is one of the first places that intruders target.
- Mounting Features. The mounting features are extremely important and this will vary depending on the safe that you choose to buy. The smaller and portable safes will have a strong wire that it mounts with and the larger safes will use deadbolts to keep the safe in place and secure. We highly recommend the deadbolts as they will provide added security.